My Little Pony: The Elements of RP

Side RP => Portal to Canterlot High => Areas Near Crystal Academy => Topic started by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 08, 2015, 08:13:53 pm


Title: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 08, 2015, 08:13:53 pm
Morgan sat at the back of the what appeared to be empty and dark library (some of the lights were shut off). Even the librarians seemed to have gone home early for the day. The student's feet were up on table but together in case anyone was to walk in without her knowing. The sleeves of her crystal prep uniform were neatly rolled up as she awaited the students she had met earlier.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Broadshield on November 09, 2015, 12:19:24 am
Entering the library, Broadshield notices it's extremely quiet for a library. Making his way around the library he finally finds Morgan. "Morgan, what was it that you wanted to talk to us about?"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 09, 2015, 04:25:03 pm
Ocean entered behind Broadshield, holding a surfboard. He leaned the board on the wall next to the door, and walked over to where Morgan was sitting. "Man this place is gloomy! So what's this project of yours Morg?"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ebony Coldsteel on November 09, 2015, 10:40:59 pm
Ebony enters shortly after, his backpack loosely hanging from his shoulders. He walks over to the table and sits down, pulling out a bag of chips and eating some. He doesn't say anything, instead nods to the group and lays back on his seat.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 10, 2015, 12:29:57 am
Insta Form enters the library, carrying a couple bags of popcorn. She munches out of one bag, talking with her mouth full, "Whatever neat Dungeons & Horses roleplay you guys got goin', I'm so down. I call the Ranger class!" She sits next to Ebony, placing the popcorn in the centre of the table.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 10, 2015, 08:03:08 pm
"You... guys saved my life. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you all.... so I'll tell you all what is going on." Morgan put her feet down. "Whether you believe me or not is up to you." Taking a deep breath she continued. "I work for a government agency nicknamed THUNDER. They trained me when I was younger. I haven't seen much action until now. The whole thing was named Project Riley. A few months ago I was informed on a late development in an asteroid that was discovered right outside of this city. Its thousands of years old, our dig team took quite a while to uncover it. Recently they **** ope n the outer layer of rock and found a... huge device inside. To our knowledge, it holds something inside of it. There are three keyholes. Our dig team was able to find one key. There was however another corporation involved... Carlos McNeil. You might recognize, your fridge, kitchen knife, tv, computer, couch, **** toilet paper, anything really, might have CMN's logo on it. Under the table, he has his own research team that located one of the keys already." Morgan flips her laptop around for the rest of the students to see diagrams. "See he believes that inside, there is some sort of alien specimen that needs to be awakened. That explains the random magic that has been appearing. His purpose for it was unknown..." Morgan took a breath. "That lead to the incident three weeks ago. In my truck was the key. THUNDER had trusted that I deliver it to a remote lab of ours. I knew McNeil's crew knew who I was, so I brought you all along to make it look like I was just dropping you guys off. Now they have two of the three keys... I haven't heard word from THUNDER yet about this all. We are trying to find the last one to keep it away from McNeil."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 11, 2015, 12:50:58 am
"WOAH. That's deep. Any way we can help out, Morg?" As Ocean talked, he surveyed the group, hoping to see someone who wanted to help with him.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 11, 2015, 01:18:32 am
As Insta heard Morgan explain her story, she paused while eating the popcorn, her mouth hanging open with her hand holding a popcorn over it. The mention of alien technology and secret government organizations kept her hooked, completely forgetting about the popcorn in her hand. "Dude..." was all she can say before continuing, "So are you taking us on, like, an alien treasure hunting mission?"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ebony Coldsteel on November 11, 2015, 07:46:31 pm
Ebony finishes his chips and tosses them away. The story itself seems ludicrous, but if it's going to end up like the day before... "I'm in. Those bastards took my $20, they gotta pay."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 11, 2015, 08:04:10 pm
"Woah... I never said anything about needing you guys to  come along. Out of the question, this is danger on a whole new level that i'm not putting you through." Morgan shook her head. "Absolutely not, you guys almost died in that car chase. I'm not letting that happen again. I told you this all just because I was obligated it to after everything I already put you through."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Broadshield on November 11, 2015, 08:53:28 pm
Broadshield listens intently to Morgan. The story itself seems ridiculous, but there was the chance that she was being truthful. "Morgan, its a lot to take in. I don't want to do this, but I have to ask, can you prove that what you're saying is real? And if it is, how do we help?" he asks.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 11, 2015, 09:27:48 pm
"You don't have to believe me. I know this whole situation sounds bogus... but I can't take you to the site meteor site and I already said, I am not requesting help from you all. I just felt that you all wanted to know why I was being chased by a convoy of vehicles." Morgan pulled her laptop back to her.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 12, 2015, 01:54:17 am
Insta giggles before getting up, and walking around the table, and approaching Morgan. She puts an arm around her, "Girl, do you really think we'll take no for an answer? I'd be down for alien hunting or whatevs."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 12, 2015, 06:27:09 am
Ocean nods his head in agreement. "I've missed two beach days because of this. There is no turning back now." Ocean said as he got up and walked over next to Insta. "Besides, my folks taught me to follow up on commitments as a kid. When you asked us here, I promised myself I would see whatever is happening through to the end. And like Insta said, we won't take no for an answer."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ebony Coldsteel on November 12, 2015, 08:14:34 am
Ebony leans forward onto the table, "Count me in. Those guys made a big mistake of messing with us. Bastards taking my money for free..." He shakes his head and gets up, "I'm ready to go whenever."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 12, 2015, 08:27:21 pm
Morgan sighed. "If you guys are really that committed... at least you will be under my super vision. Look, we don't have any assignment's yet... oh? Speak of the devil." She read through a sudden notification on her laptop. "I am in no shape to do this yet..." She continued reading. "Looks like THUNDER wants me to break into a CMN lab and steal information about the keys and Project Riley... I don't know how they expect me to pull it off on crutches."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 13, 2015, 12:43:03 am
Insta clapped her hands together as a confident smile shined on her. "Yes! Government mission is a go. And who knows? Maybe your THUNDER pals can give you crutches that are... Guns! Yeah, Gun Crutches!" Thinking about the absurd weapon made a cheeky grin grow on Insta's face.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 13, 2015, 07:00:43 am
"I'm pretty sure I saw gun crutches in a Get Smart episode once." Ocean looks over Morgan's shoulder and reads the notification for himself. "This sounds like fun! As long as I can get some sort of souvenir, that is." Suddenly Ocean's face lit up with a smile. "YES! I'M A GENIUS! Put a gun...in my SURFBOARD! No more shark troubles for me, ahthankyouverymuch."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 13, 2015, 09:28:52 pm
"No it's not concealing a gun that's an issue. I just can't walk around straight... We are gonna just get you guys some combat gear and you guys. I might be just intel if you all could get me into their security room. That lab is definitely going to be heavily guarded." Morgan chuckled at the idea of a gun surf board. "Not this time Ocean, but if you do well I will see what I could do."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ebony Coldsteel on November 14, 2015, 08:26:18 am
Ebony crosses his arms and leans back in his seat. "So we got to get into a secure lab, grab some serious intelligence, and get out before getting lit up by goons?" He chuckles, "He'll sign me the ef up even more. We may need silencers if we have to be stealthy about it."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 14, 2015, 11:32:50 am
"You all will be supplies with the necessary equipment to get into the lab. They keep it in a secure  server room. You just got to get there, and plug a drive in. I'll be able to remotely download it onto that drive from the security room."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 14, 2015, 02:08:27 pm
An idea formed in Insta's head. She showed this with a snap of her fingers, "This sounds like a recon job; tactical espionage action!" She rubbed her hands together, "With the right disguises and fake IDs, I can help you guys blend in."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 14, 2015, 06:43:21 pm
"And I can take care of any first aid stuff if you guys get injured." Ocean said, practically bouncing on the spot with excitement. "Ohh this is so cool...Are there going to be any lasers? Or robots? Or Lazer Robots?"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 14, 2015, 11:50:56 pm
"McNeil has his own private force. We have never took him head on at his facilities before so we don't know what to expect. We have fought those strange vehicles, but those were hired mercenaries."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ebony Coldsteel on November 15, 2015, 10:10:03 pm
"Hired mercs?" Ebony asks, looking impressed. "Well with the right planning we can certainly pull it off. If anyone gets close, I'll knock them on their a$$ in no time."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 15, 2015, 11:27:31 pm
"OOH OOH! Dibs making the heist playlist." Ocean pulled out his phone and scrolled through his music. "How does Thunderstruck by AccaDacca sound to everyone?"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 16, 2015, 08:23:47 pm
"Music for every part of this mission, Ocean; the sneaking, escaping, final fight with the big villain, and other tidbits here and there. Ooh, and a montage vid of us planning." Insta cheers, "This is gonna be great, guys."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 16, 2015, 11:37:14 pm
"Mission Impossible theme for the sneaking, and the final fight will be Thunderstruck. And the montage has to be Montage from the Team America movie." Ocean started to wave his arms around as he spoke, clearly exited by the events ahead. "What are your thoughts for the escape track?"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 17, 2015, 12:20:17 am
"There's this game about an old dude; Gear Somethin' 4 or Somethin'. He has a funny looking eyepatch, dry throat, and this neat dark muscle suit for sneaking." Insta shrugged, "Forgot the name, but the music that plays when he's spotted would be great!"


Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Broadshield on November 17, 2015, 04:48:05 am
After listening to everyone, Broadshield decides to be the voice of reason. "Ok, hold up for one moment. I don't want to be a buzzkill, but don't you all remember what happened the last time something like this happened? What you're doing is very dangerous, and McNeil is a powerful man, we're all students who have probably never touched a gun before what happened a few weeks ago. This isn't some video game where you get shot, you start again. You get shot, chances are you aren't going to make it. If you do make it out, who knows what the repercussions are?" He says. "You all are really cool people, and I can't think about the worst thing happening to you guys. I'm not going to stop you guys from doing this, but please, just think about what you guys are doing." He says desperately. He's already lost more than enough people in his life, and he doesn't want the same to happen to his new friends.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 17, 2015, 10:02:05 pm
Morgan calmed down and thought about it.
"You know I was getting ahead of myself. None of you guys have the training that I have had. Although some of you were able to handle yourself in the car, you will be fighting without me."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ebony Coldsteel on November 17, 2015, 10:49:53 pm
Ebony remains silent as he listens to Broadshield and Morgan. "Alright, what's the timeframe to get this assignment complete? Do we have any time to do any training at all?"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 18, 2015, 12:01:58 am
"There's no telling when McNeil finds that third key. Apparently the server has information of the whereabouts of that. I cannot get you guys official training. I really am not supposed to be even assigning you guys any of this stuff, but I know a friend that could help me. I doubt he has time to go along. Look I really need you all to know what you are signing up for. I can give you 13 days of non-stop sun rise to sun down training and excuse you all from school, but it doesn't prepare you nearly enough to take on CMN's forces. So I need you all to take this very seriously. Any signs of joking around and slacking or not taking lessons seriously, and im booting you out and you will never hear from me every again. Got it? This isn't a video game or a spy movie. We are working against a clock against a dangerous and powerful man." Morgan was really still unsure about sending these people in but they had heart and reminded her of herself when she was in her training...

"The best equipment I can steal... without anyone noticing is." She began to type. "Silenced SMGS and pistols as well as some protection and ear pieces. They are still better than whatever the police force has."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 18, 2015, 02:59:54 am
"I took that a bit too far, didn't I. In all seriousness though, I'm willing to do what it takes. But it's your choice. If you don't want us to help, that's fine." Ocean slowly sat back down, a sense of guilt washing over him.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 18, 2015, 11:42:49 am
Insta shrugs, "Ehh, I was just playin' along. But enough of that." She claps her fists with her palm, "I'm ready for anything!"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ebony Coldsteel on November 18, 2015, 04:48:54 pm
Ebony nods, cracking his knuckles as he leans forward. "Well now that I know we have some time, I'm more confident in participating in this. As for the training, if it helps reduce the chance of us dying out there then sign me up."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 18, 2015, 05:28:55 pm
Morgan nods and lets out a sigh before looking at Insta Form. "Were you... even with us in the truck?"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 18, 2015, 11:36:41 pm
Insta shakes her head at Morgan, "uuuh, nope. I'm just here 'cause of the stuff I heard from you guys in the hallway earlier. It sounded fun, but now I know there's... " She straightens herself, and puffs her chest out, giving a confident glare at Morgan, "No fun allowed!"
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Broadshield on November 19, 2015, 04:04:28 am
"Alright,  I'm more than willing to help. I'm not anything happen to any of you guys." he says confidently. "I already have some combat and tactical training from my..." he pauses for a second "My dad, my dad taught me basic skills before he went off to service. I can help you out Morgan with training if needed." he says to Morgan
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 19, 2015, 04:05:48 pm
Hearing Broadshield's suggestion reminded him of something. "Oh, that reminds me. My dad used to make me do self defence classes with my brothers. Didn't trust us to be safe for some reason. Maybe because he was part of so many protection details." Ocean said with a smile. "So close quarters stuff should be fine for me, although I might be a bit rusty."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ebony Coldsteel on November 19, 2015, 05:55:04 pm
Ebony leans back on his seat, "I myself have experience with live firearms. Not legal or official training but... Well, I guess some real life experience." He didn't want to elaborate any further, figuring that would be enough of an answer.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 19, 2015, 08:01:52 pm
Morg nodded at everyone around her. She scribbled something down on a piece of paper. "Meet at this address tomorrow morning at 5:00. I'll cover anything you need to excuse you from school and to keep your parents from worrying. Broad I think I can handle it all. You all may have experience but THUNDER training is going to be a lot harder than any of you can imagine."
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Insta Form on November 19, 2015, 10:51:30 pm
"Roger that, captain." Insta salutes. "Gotta freshen up my skills in 'blending in' if you know what I mean." She winks at Morgan.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ocean Spray on November 20, 2015, 07:33:17 am
"Got it Morg. See you all then." Ocean waves to everyone as he gets up to walk out of the library.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Ebony Coldsteel on November 20, 2015, 03:20:21 pm
Ebony doesn't say anything, rather he nods and gets up. He picks up his things and heads off to prepare for the challenge ahead.
Title: Re: Something Bigger
Post by: Morgan “Bear” Lockett on November 20, 2015, 10:32:26 pm
Morgan smiles back at Insta form before nodding to the rest. "I'll see you all then."


(Imma skip past the training. http://mlpelementsofrp.createaforum.com/areas-that-are-not-chs-or-cpa/down-to-business/ )